What is a Soil and Water Conservation District?
The District is a local government organization that promotes and
implements programs to protect our natural resources.
The SWCD is governed by a 5-member elected board of supervisors.
In addition, two full-time resource technicians and one part-time
office assistant are employed by the
SWCD. The County Land and Water Planning Director manages the SWCD
through a joint powers agreement.
- District 1 John Sonstegard, Chairman
- District 3 Frank Sindelir, Vice-Chair
- District 2 Russel Hansen, Treasurer
- District 5 Nancy Dunnell, Secretary
- District 4 Roger Krause, Public Relations
Download our brochure
"Running for SWCD Supervisor"
- Kelly Voigt, District Conservationist
- Vacant, Soil Conservation Technician
- Silvia Chamberlain, Office Assistant
Click here to learn about the history of Soil and Water Conservation Districts.
Due to the Dust Bowl of the early 1930's, legislation was enacted to create Soil and Water Conservation Districts.
Click on the map to view the Supervisor Districts.